Sending your team to an event?
This pre-flight checklist will help you get the most out of BadgerScan and your event. Printable version <Lead Capture Checklist>.
- Test the export feature on your device prior to the event. Scan these <Sample QR Codes>, select Export all contacts from the main menu, and ensure that the CSV file is delivered to your email inbox. With the multitude of devices, operating systems and mail servers, there are many variations of environments with their own nuances.
- The exported CSV file is actually semi-colon (;) separated to allow commas in the formatted address data. You may need to change settings in some spreadsheet programs for the data to appear correctly in columns.
- Create backups of your data by exporting your contact list daily while at an event. We don’t store backups to servers.
- Classify contacts with the “Favorites Star”. There are 4 levels: empty, yellow, orange and red. We’ve seen vendors use this to indicate that a contact was collected during a corporate workshop versus on the exhibit floor, for example.
- Consider adding a link to a web-based survey. Adding a survey at a networked location of your choice can:
- Allow you to ask specific questions of your leads.
- Combine data from multiple company reps to a single repository.
- Provide an immediate backup of the data.
- Allow you to comply with the new European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by creating an opt-in form with signature capability.
Just be sure to press the Submit button on the form prior to closing the web page with the Done button on the BadgerScan App!